What if you need to create a new Integration environment in Magento Cloud? In this article, I will detail the process of creating a new Integration environment from the Staging branch.
You already noted that the Magento Cloud UI interface is very easy to use; making you feel confident that creating a new Integration Environment is just as performing simple “delete” and “branch from Staging” operations; however you will find out soon that this is not the case.
After deleting the Integration environment you will realize that there are no available options for creating a new branch from the Staging site. If this is your case, don’t panic. Magento Cloud CLI comes to the rescue.
For creating a new Integration Environment from Staging, just follow these steps:
- Clone or checkout to the latest Staging git repository
$ git checkout staging -f
- Create a new branch based on Staging, better to call it Integration for keeping the same naming convention
$ git checkout -b integration
- Push to Magento Cloud for creating the new environment.
$ git push magento integration
- After this, the new environment will be displayed as a child of Master, however, we can change this environment parent by using the Magento Cloud CLI and editing its parent info like this:
$ magento cloud environment:info -e integration parent staging
- By using the command above we are telling Magento Cloud that we want the Staging server to be the parent of our new Integration environment. After this, if you refresh the Magento Cloud Web you will see that Integration is correctly begin displayed as a direct child of Staging, meaning that you are able to continue using the integrated CI/CD provided by Magento Cloud. You just need to activate the new environment.
$ magento cloud environment:activate integration
- Also the CLI will show the correct info as well: